Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pop Quiz! on the Discussion Board

Hillary Wheaton posed the following questions for personal response in the discussion board...


Would you ever use an online dating service to find a bf/gf/partner or even friends?
I've been registered on the odd dating site in my time... I am fully open to the idea but I live in a smaller town and it's not widely used.  I have met people through others' Facebook pages although I suppose that is social networking and not dating! If I moved to a new town or city i'd definitely use it to find both friends/dates (if I was single at that point!).

Is it acceptable to you or do you think it is something that is stigmatized?
I think there is a residual stigma attached to internet dating.  In the past you tended to hear the horror stories and those of people who met online and married shortly after (sometimes moving to another country) which were slightly freakish.  Attitudes seem to be changing.

Do you know anyone who has used these services?
A good friend met a number of guys through RSVP, one of whom she dated for a while but it didn't work out.  She eventually dumped him for a guy met through more traditional means, i.e at the pub!

No comments:

Post a Comment